kids' clothes · sewing

Last minute projects

I finished my kids’ costumes just in time.  If I’d missed this deadline, it would have been big trouble.  Probably for the rest of my life.

B2 decided that he wanted to be a pumpkin weeks ago.  No problem – he’s even been a pumpkin before.  It’s not the most elegant pumpkin, but I whipped it up without a pattern in under an hour.  It is made from knit fabric with no finished seams.  It ties at the top and bottom with string.  He was happy, so I’m good.

B1 bought a Darth Vader costume, but the cape was pretty short.  He was pretty happy when I made a floor-length cape.  It is hard to see in the picture, but he does have a black shirt, pants and cape.  The good thing is that I didn’t even cut into the fabric.  I just gathered one edge and pinned it at the neck.  Now I can use the fabric to make a shirt or something.  I only have to wash it since it was dragging in the mud.

G2’s costume was purchased at a second-hand store.  She decided weeks ago that she wanted to be a doctor.  When we got to the store, there was a little pair of scrubs – perfect.  Then she saw the ladybug beside it and changed her mind.  The ladybug is much warmer, so that was probably a good thing.

We didn’t get hit by Sandy, but just caught the very edge with wind and rain.  Luckily by tonight, it was just a little drizzle, so we still went out for a bit.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s